57+ Self-Discovery Journal Prompts
Journaling is a great tool to plan out your life and keep track of your progress but it is also a great way to create a deeper self awareness and to collect our feelings and thoughts.
Writing down all the insights you are gaining about yourself and about life allows you to live more consciously. With the time you’ll start to realize how your life, your actions, situations and your inner world influence each other and why you do things the way you do them.
But a common challenge people run into when they want to start journaling is: What do I write about?
Journaling prompts provide you with the some good questions and ideas you can start thinking about. Depending on the prompt you choose, they can guide you in different directions.
In the following article you’ll find a list of journaling prompts and ideas for self-reflections and self-care.
Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery
1. What makes you feel powerful?
2. What makes you feel happy?
3. What makes you feel energized and fresh?
4. What makes you feel calm?
5. What makes you feel in control?
6. How do you motivate yourself to try something new?
7. How do you recharge?
8. Make a list of 30 things that make you smile.
9. I couldn’t imagine living without…
10. What helps you to slow down and feel more present?
11. What can you do today you couldn’t do a year ago?
12. What’s an important goal you want to accomplish this year and why?
13. How do you put yourself first without feeling guilty?
14. How would you act today if you loved yourself unconditionally?
15. What do you wish you could do and why?
16. How can you take a tiny step towards your most important goal?
17. What do you love about life?
18. Use 10 words to describe yourself.
19. What topic do you need to learn more about to live a fulfilling life?
20. What did you learn from your biggest mistakes?
21. What would you like to say yes to? (make a list)
22. What would you like to say no to in the future?
23. Write about a time when work felt real to you, necessary and satisfying (no matter if physical, mental, paid or unpaid)
24. What is “enough” for you?
25. What are you doing when you have time for yourself?
26. What do you wish to be remembered for? Write down what you would like people to say about you.
27. What do you love about somebody you admire?
28. How can you step outside your comfort zone to grow?
29. What would you do if you weren’t so afraid of failing?
30. What message would you like to share with the world?
Pin Me For Later!
Journal Prompts for Self-Care
1. How do you practice self-love and self-care?
2. Write down the words you need to hear now.
3. How do you forgive yourself when you make a mistake?
4. How do you advocate for yourself?
5. What are you doing to feel fulfilled when you’re alone?
6. What is the most relaxing sound to you?
7. How do you embrace your authentic self, even if it looks different from what others expect?
8. How and how often do you remind yourself that you’re enough?
9. What does your morning look like? Do you have a routine?
10. What are you grateful for? (make a list)
11. What’s motivating you right now?
12. What is you favorite memory?
13. What were you doing the last time you lost all sense of time?
14. What do you need to stop doing to live a richer and happier life?
15. What do you need to let go of?
16. What do you wish you had more time for?
17. What adventure would you like to have?
18. What does your dream life look like?
19. What are you proud of?
20. How can you add more joy and love into your daily life?
21. What can you do to feel more relaxed and calm?
22. What do your evenings look like? Is there anything you can change to have a more restful sleep?
23. Write a thank-you note to yourself.
24. When do you feel most confident?
25. What did you do the last time you had a “self-care”, “wellness” or “relax” day?
26. What qualities do you think others admire about you?
27. If you could escape to a vacation anywhere in the world, where would that be and what would you do?
28. How can you show yourself more love?